Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another project started...

I started making a dress this afternoon. That might not sound very exciting, but for me terrifying sounds like a better word! Firstly...I'm not a dressmaker. I have made the odd baby clothes but nothing quite like this. I'm making my daughter an IRISH DANCING DRESS (google it, then you will understand).

I have put it off for 18mths but finally drafted the bodice today - thanks to some awesome online tutorials. 6hours into it, I'm stuck on trying to get the back darts sorted...have tossed it aside for the rest of the night, might have a look at it tomorrow when the brain starts working again.

Goal for tomorrow : get to work on the QAYGFMQQAL! I have 12 blocks pieced in red and white, and I'm loving how it looks so far, just need to get cracking on the FMQ - I'm already 4 blocks behind :(

Wish me luck!

Kate x

2 comments:

  1. Definitely wishing you luck on the costuming. It took me months to get up the nerve to try and make boy blacksmith his ren faire garb. Keep at it. It is worth every minute to watch them perform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement, I'm sure it will get easier after the first costume is made :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!